HELLO HELLO! AND HAPPY SPRING! AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE ARE SOME SERIOUS CHANGES AND MUCH NEEDED UPDATES HAPPENING AROUND HERE–SO LET'S DIVE IN!
First off–I have this shnazzy new website! After 6 years of hosting my blog in Blogger, Danielle recommended I check out SquareSpace–said it was an easy transition with great designs–and it turns out, she was right. I figured because good ole' Live Creating Yourself's design hadn't been updated since... oh, I don't know... 2012, it was time to bring this blog out of the dark ages and into modern times. You can find my styling and graphics portfolio in the top menu, as well as a snapshot of my past three home tours (the full tours are still available to view and shop on The Everygirl here and here).
I also have a new camera–the Fujifilm x100T–which is amazing, and I am slowly but surely learning how to use. I have faith it will seriously up my documenting-personal-design-projects game, both here and on Instagram. Instagram you say?! That's right. The camera has wifi. With a simple push of a button, the beautiful images beam right to my phone all magic like. See here, here, and here for examples.
So stay tuned. I must admit I am 100% rusty on the writing front, but I have a few exciting decorating projects to share. Including... a new apartment! Say whaaaat?! I'm moving again!? But Alaina, you always move! Yes, yes I do! What can I say? Life changes. Roommates come and go, rent goes up when you aren't expecting it, break-ups happen, new relationships begin... all different situations have led to my three moves over the past three years, but the good news is, I don't mind! Nesting and decorating are basically my favorite hobbies. And the lease is already signed for June 1! But more on that later...
As for me and Danielle's apartment/office, well, we will have the full home tour debuting on The Everygirl soon enough! But I thought I'd give you a couple sneak peeks above (and you can shop the items below)!
A few other updates for 2015 include:
- The Everygirl turned 3! Whoa how time flies. We are once again expanding our amazing team, most recently bringing on travel, culture, and living editors. Oh! And new food editors because our previous culinary team has big exciting things happening in their lives and had to part ways with team Everygirl. We already miss them and their talent, of course.
- I actually started cooking! It's been a resolution for years, and this year, I bought Gwyneth's cook book, love it, and am personally clearing Whole Foods out of avocados with how much avocado toast I've been making. Kale, brown rice, and egg is another favorite, healthy breakfast recipe.
- Also in line with past resolutions that I never quite kept up, I have been practicing French several times a week by using this amazing app.
- Friends and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix have been lulling me into a pleasant slumber every night for the past two weeks. Also watching Outlander thanks to Comcast's Watchathon this past week. That Jamie sure is a dreamboat! Kilts have never looked better.
- I visited Montana(!!!!), which coincidentally was #1 item on my bucket list. Well, "an adventure trip out West" is actually what I wrote, but this allowed me to check that off! Also more on that later.
- Just came back from a quick, 2-day jaunt around Manhattan with Danny. It was his first time there and we had a blast. I don't recall the last time I went to New York for fun without any work or meetings planned. We walked almost 40,000 steps in two days... so so fun except that I came home with a head cold. Who knew a light spring jacket will not suffice in 40 degree temps?! Not this girl.
Alright – well that's all for now! Hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying the emergence of spring!! It was sunny and in the 60s all weekend here. Gloooorious!